Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Anti-Racism, and Accessibility (DEIAA) Statement
The California Community Colleges (CCC) Library Services Platform (LSP) Governance Committee and the consortium of CCC LSP member institutions embrace diversity among students, staff, faculty, and the communities we serve. We are committed to intentionally creating and maintaining safe, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist environments and actively challenging systems of oppression.
We acknowledge that our libraries are not neutral and may have served–sometimes inadvertently and other times intentionally–as instruments of exclusion, colonialism, and assimilation. We commit to implementing policies and taking concrete steps, large and small, to undo this harm and lead to systemic changes.
To that end, we pledge to:
1. Raise the visibility of the LSP Community’s commitment to ending racism, anti-Blackness, classism, ableism, and gender inequities while advocating for systemic change
2. Embed a DEI lens into all LSP Governance Committee and work group activities
3. Reduce the harm caused by policies and practices originating out of historical legacies of colonialism
4. Reimagine the LSP as a model of diversity, equity, and inclusion
5. Evaluate our progress, adjust our goals as needed, and recommit to our statement and pledge on an annual basis